Tuesday, November 24, 2015

A Short Update

Thursday is Thanksgiving, and about an hour ago, I left my last class for the week. Only two more full weeks to follow until finals! I'll admit that I'm both relieved and a bit anxious; I have a bit of catching up to do. I have a psychology article to read still, and less than twenty-four hours to write a paper on it. Oh well. It'll get done.  

Last weekend, Mom and I attempted Downtown Dining Week, but it was the last second, at lunch, and at a restaurant that we weren't positive was participating in it during lunch hours. So we paid regular price. Which is not anything special to blog about, but have I ever mentioned how obsessed with Kooky Canuck's southwestern salad I am? I haven't? Well, I am. And it's beautiful. ​ 


Mom ordered a chopped chef salad, and we shared the sweet potato fries. Now, I've been spoiled by the fries at Young Ave Deli. They're perfection served with honey mustard. These are served with actual honey. When I read that, I asked for it to be on the side, and thank goodness I did. It was delicious, but I couldn't imagine the toothache had they come out smothered like the menu advertised. No, this isn't an actual review; I'm far too distracted and tired for that, and I doubt anyone really cares to hear me review a salad at a place made famous for their 40 lb burgers. Overall, it was a nice little trip, and Mom got to go there for her first time. (My memories of the place are more of ski shots and karaoke DJs at a former coworkers birthday party, but that's all long in the past!) 

This week will be interesting for me. On top of seeing the entirety of what extended family I have in the area on Thursday and then going over to do the same at my boyfriend's house, Wednesday night is going to be an "anti-Thanksgiving" dinner hosted by my friend Bekka. The idea is to do pretty much the opposite of what is considered a traditional Thanksgiving meal, and considering everyone but my boyfriend and one other friend are all vegetarian or vegan, that's not difficult to do. I have no idea what I'll be bringing, but it's safe to say it'll most likely be something quick and easy, like a quinoa chili I learned to make a few years back and haven't since, despite all the talking up about it I do. I'm sure plenty of photos will follow, so don't worry. I wish I had that original post still, from my old blog... Oh well. 

Anyway, good night, and have a wonderful and safe holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment