Friday, November 20, 2015

Men's Grooming Class

A few weeks ago, my boss asked me to do a clipper cutting demonstration for my coworkers as a kind of refresher class for the holidays. The idea is to work on our skills to better serve our clients, and I’m very flattered that she likes my abilities enough to ask me to teach, but I was terrified for the longest time. I had my friend Mitch come in as my model, and it actually went very well. I did a no. 3 fade to no guard at the nape, and kept most of the length on top. Everyone listened quietly, asked questions, and commented constructively. I was pleased. I wish I had gotten a before photo, or maybe some in progress, but oh well. Afterward, Amy demonstrated balayage using Guy Tang’s kit.  

 

Megan reminded me that Downtown Dining Week begins today, and we are planning on going this weekend, after payday. I have convinced my mom to take my sisters and I to Kooky Canuck sometime before it’s over, too. I am in love with their Southwestern salad (fried green tomatoes in lieu of chicken!), but the portions are too big to attempt in one sitting. I haven't really looked into where to go with Megan just yet, nor have I discussed it with Ian, but there certainly are plenty of options. 

Back to the usual work week in the morning. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment